Spur Bootstrap (was: Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections.spur-nice.622.mcz)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:28:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Nicolas Cellier <

> Does that mean that current Spur update process is not robust to a further
> change of Character class definition? (like adding a class var for example)

The Monticello package patcher is robust for class var and pool dictionary
changes.  I think the image bootstrap is too.  But checking that it is is
timeconsuming.  That's one major motivation behind the feature freeze.  I
want to stop wasting cyclers on the bootstrap and progress to the full
release where we're free to modify definitions as we see fit.

--
best,
Eliot