[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.622.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun May 10 21:29:38 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 9:16 AM, marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
> You separate patterns with ";". Multi-line just because it now wraps again.
>
> Could you hit return in the past?

Yes, just as you can on virtually any "Search" field of any system
anywhere on the planet, including our own Search field on our Docking
Bar.

> I thought that's why the "Search" button
> was there.

Would you please start including gesture counts of various use-cases
into your UI changes?  For MessageNames the use-case is multiple
successive searches, as in, I didn't find the results I'm looking for
the first or second time, but now you're forcing the user to move
their hands back and forth between the keyboard and mouse just to
click that Search button.  This is significant degradation in the
usability of this window.

You said search terms are separated by semicolons so what value do
CR's provide by being in the input?