[squeak-dev] Fixing a problem for SqueakMap and Spur for the 5.0 release (was: The Inbox: MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.132.mcz)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon May 11 00:07:15 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 11:44:25PM +0000, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of MonticelloConfigurations to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.132.mcz

> Name: MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.132
> Author: dtl
> Time: 10 May 2015, 12:46:15.656 pm
> UUID: 5cee23dd-fe38-41b9-afe0-25fb80f6ede7
> Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.131
>
> Fix updating from streams other than the default. For example:
>
>   MCMcmUpdater
>          updateFromRepository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/OSProcess'
>          baseName: 'update'

I have put three updates into the inbox (MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.131,
MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.132, MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.133). Collectively,
these are intended to preserve the existing behavior of the update stream
for the 'update' and 'update.spur' update streams, while also allowing a
package such as OSProcess or VMMaker to have an update stream independent
of main (spur versus non-spur) update stream.

It should also support more than one update stream in a repository, so
for example VMMaker can have its existing 'update' stream, and a parallel
'update.oscog' stream could be added for the Cog/Spur development.

This is important for the case of a SqueakMap "(head)" release that uses
an update stream to load the latest version of a package, and which must
work properly for Spur.

I would appreciate a second set of eyes on these changes before I move
them to trunk. If no objections I will move them to trunk some time this
week.

Dave