[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.979.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:29:27 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 11:02 PM, marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
> Can you name some other scenarious where this #deleteUnlessHasFocus is
> useful? Looks very specific and not useful in general.

Your "results" balloon of the SearchBar should use this too.  Any
morph anywhere that should go away when it loses focus.  Handling
#mouseLeave is not sufficient because the mouse is not guaranteed to
have ever entered the bounds of the Morph.

I use this concept in my Maui interfaces a lot -- hovering over a
message invokes the message and presents output panel (with hand not
inside its bounds), then I mouse away somewhere else but if I never
entered the output, there is no mouseLeave event.

A similar case are balloon help, which disappear on a timer.

> We should not blow up
> the Morph class more than needed.

Agree, but I think this is useful in several cases and its just one method..

Best,
  Chris