[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.622.mcz

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Tue May 12 08:22:58 UTC 2015

Hey, I do account for all of those. It might only be a slip because the
documentation is poor. :P

As for Message Names, it should be built with ToolBuilder to also work in
MVC. So that rules out (!) all Morph-specific features. What lies in the
Tools package, must not assume Morph API.

Yes, there might be a need for MorphicTools as a specialization for tools
that want to benefit from Morphic-only features. :P

As for now, you can trigger the search with CMD+S. That's only one (half)
keystroke more. ;)

As for the future, yes, we can just implement a flag in
PluggableInputFieldSpec to support multi-line input fields if desired.
However, I consider the "eye jump" that occurs with multi-line fields on
overflow quite distracting for input fields. :-) --- We have code-freeze. So
if I should add that now, make a vote.

Best,
Marcel