[squeak-dev] method-level MC history for Squeak 5 and beyond

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat May 16 17:15:06 UTC 2015

Hi all, sorry for that fire hose of commit messages, I think I've got
them turned off now.  These were versions going into a separate
instance of squeaksource currently running solely to support the MC
history function.  Beginning with 4.6 / 5.0, I intend for this and the
"origin" function to be a permanent feature of our SCM tools.  The
code to support it has actually been around for a couple of years, but
I had been running the server manually and so it was not robust.  Now
the server is running under daemontools which will ensure it stays
running.

Besides providing the history function, this work is also intended as
a step towards the goal of _replacing_ our very old primary server
supporting source.squeak.org, which is currently running on the
interpreter VM in an old image.  The plan is to replace this server
with the newer one that supports the history function.

A similar upgrade should eventually be made to squeaksource.com,
because it is also running on a old and slow and hacked up image on
the interpreter VM.