[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-cwp.781.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Nov 28 01:25:50 UTC 2015

Colin Putney uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-cwp.781.mcz

Name: System-cwp.781
Author: cwp
Time: 27 November 2015, 5:22:38.591 pm
UUID: c0ffbab7-f7ee-4966-ba07-d57436ac42f2
Ancestors: System-mt.780

Remove specialized serialization of Associations.

Since associations are no longer used as globals, we never need to serialize them using DiskProxy.

=============== Diff against System-mt.780 ===============

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Association>>objectForDataStream: (in category '*System-Object Storage-objects from disk') -----
- objectForDataStream: refStrm
- 	| dp |
- 	"I am about to be written on an object file.  If I am a known global, write a proxy that will hook up with the same resource in the destination system."
- 	self flag: #environments.
-
- 	^ (Smalltalk globals associationAt: key ifAbsent: [nil]) == self
- 		ifTrue: [dp := DiskProxy global: #Smalltalk selector: #associationOrUndeclaredAt:
- 							args: (Array with: key).
- 			refStrm replace: self with: dp.
- 			dp]
- 		ifFalse: [self]!