[squeak-dev] The Pi Podcast #4 ?????? Tim Rowledge (Scratch) |

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Oct 3 00:01:02 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 04:23:11PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> > On 02-10-2015, at 1:55 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> >
> > Cool indeed. And I liked the idea of coming up with an "Itch Framework?.
>
> Me too; maybe that?s a good name for the device driver framework behind the Scratch gpio server...

I should think that the "itch framework" concept was envisioned as
a more grandiose concept. Surely it was meant to have positive
connotations, such that "scratching an itch" would lead to constructive
and happy outcomes.

A device driver framework on the other hand seems much more specific,
and certainly more likely to lead to annoyance and irritation rather
than happiness. For naming that, you might better draw inspiration from
one of the more specific categories of itchiness as enumerated here:

  http://www.healthline.com/health/itching

Dave