Scratch books, was Re: [squeak-dev] In the hacker news

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Fri Oct 16 12:24:26 UTC 2015

Hannes wrote:

> And a link to a book for children using Scratch (in Italian)
> I wonder if there are similar books in English.

In the last year or two there was a small bookshelf published in
English, and some cover Scratch 1.4 (the Squeak version on the
Raspberry Pi) rather than Scratch 2, the Javascript rewrite.

I like this one:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/carrie-anne-philbins-adventures-in-raspberry-pi/

It came out in 2013 and has already run to a second edition.

It only has one chapter on Scratch.  But there are several other books
I haven't looked at, as this search at a well known bookseller shows:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=scratch+coding

--
David Corking