[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: System-mt.771.mcz

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Oct 19 15:16:39 UTC 2015

Hi Eliot,

actually, I would like to store the timestamp in all its details. ;-) Just
like Monticello does.

In my case, I wanted to quickly find out, which version is actually loaded
in the image. In my environment, I filter-out all those duplicate entries in
the changes file that occur when loading an older version:

<http://forum.world.st/file/n4856499/method-versions-3.png>

And show them like this:

<http://forum.world.st/file/n4856499/method-versions-2.png>

Yes, you don't see seconds there, but at least the comparison is accurate
now. Milliseconds would be welcome, too. :-D

So, comparing hashes of CompiledMethods provides too many false positives
(samples only ~20 bytes). Comparing the full source strings is too slow...
:-) ...and not necessary because the timestamps are there anyway.

Best,
Marcel