[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-ul.961.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Oct 20 16:03:28 UTC 2015

That's the most actual use-case, but I've been thinking about creating
some primitives which would serve as an image-wide (CS)PRNG. Why?
1. primitives are faster; in case of RNG, they can be a lot faster (2-3
magnitudes)
2. there's no concurrency issue with primitives - all image-side code can
share the same PRNG.

Filling a ByteArray with random bytes would be one of the primitives.
Another one would be generating a random integer between two given
integers. And the third would be generating a random Float [0..1).

Levente