[squeak-dev] Re: Grrrr, how come I can't deselect in a list browser??

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 18:50:46 UTC 2015

Hi Marcel, I know what you are saying now, keep the same behaviors
with boolean options (or whatever) all in one class instead of
subclassing.  For a moment I thought you meant to simply delete
AlternatePluggableListMOrphOfMany (sheesh, what a name).  Sorry for
the poor humor.

Incidentally, the reason it is that kind of subclasssing mess is, back
in 2002, Squeak was being developed at a big company and one never
knew what the next version of Squeak would bring, so it was an
inhibiting factor for making very many base changes.  By making my own
subclass, I could keep my code separate.  Eventually it was integrated
into the base image, but left as-is because it had been simply working
for so long.

I'm trying to remember if there are any other differences in
requirements between the two other than the swipe gesture getting all
the elements -- maybe that would be a good behavior for where we use
the standard PluggableListMorphOfMany..?  (And fix the deselection, of
course).