[squeak-dev] Plugin Repository Needed [was FFI callbacks]

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Sat Sep 5 21:47:15 UTC 2015

On 05.09.2015, at 19:16, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 2:19 AM, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I mean to use the function of SqueakMap being a catalogue which
>> references artefacts available elsewhere.
>
> Yep, binaries are no problem for SqueakMap, it was designed to solve
> exactly this problem -- the cataloging of any software, in any format,
> hosted at any location.
>
>> For dealing with binaries additional provision has to be made to deal with it.
>
> No additional provisions need to be made, except possibly adding a
> "Plugin" category.

I'm unsure. Its external things, nothing that is in image.

In my humble option, the 'execute anything' approach of SqueakMap has
its appeal, but I don't think its sustainable. I'd like to keep existing stuff
there, but I'd refrain from putting new projects there, or only if SqueakMap
would support Metacello natively.

Best regards
	-Tobias