[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Graphics-cmm.329.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:53:21 UTC 2016

Really?  That's really surprising; SketchMorph is just a dumb data
object, a painting, making a copy of it via the UI is a valid
use-case.  For every other kind of Morph, the green halo makes a deep
copy, SketchMorph is inconsistent, shouldn't Etoys simply override
that halo to call its own #semiDeepCopy to suit its own purposes?

Is Etoys running in trunk?  It is not targeted for trunk though, is it?

I want to be able to make easy copies of SketchMorph's.  Surely we can
come up with some solution; what about Karl's suggestion?   I think
Shift should be the sharing, because the "modifer" keys are used to
"modify" the standard behavior, which is a true veryDeepCopy..