[squeak-dev] Squeak USB on Raspberry Pi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Apr 15 22:41:56 UTC 2016

> On 15-04-2016, at 12:52 PM, ReliableRobots.com <reliablerobots at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Squeak on a Raspberry Pi (RPi) is easy - download it on a PC then upload 3 files from there to the RPi, changes, sources, and image then run squeak [path]image.

It can be even easier; just download the Squeak 5.0 All-in-One and run it.

> But a search for Squeak classes returned nothing for USB.  So how do I communicate with a Webcam, microcontroller, or other peripheral?

All I know suggests that usb things are generally mapped as serial ports under *nix. You open serial ports and do whatever demented and weird, nay, dangerous, things *nix demands of you.

> A look at Pharo classes produced similar results.
> Also, couldn't get this Pharo to run on RPi.
> http://car.mines-douai.fr/category/software/pharos/

Can’t help you there.

tim
Mommy!  The cursor's winking at me!