[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Mon Aug 1 20:43:50 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima
<Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 10:42 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>

>> > On 13-07-2016, at 8:30 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org>
>> > wrote:
>> >

>> > On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 4:14 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>> >
>> {snip}

>> OK, fair point. Perhaps you could provide a pointer to a good place for
>> people to look? We (as in the Pi foundation) ought to provide at least that
>> much I think, so that anyone new to the scene has a decent starting place.
>

> Right.  I asked Abe-san and Sugiura-san about this.

There is a page like this:

http://neuralassembly.blogspot.com/2016/06/noobs-192raspbian-jessie-scratch.html

which is pretty good but written just before the effort to make the
-compositioninput handling streamlined.  So the reader has to know
about it.  There is also a problem in the .po files for Japanese.  And
many people actually replace the .po files locally.  Perhaps the
standard distribution should have them.

--
-- Yoshiki