[squeak-dev] Re: Merge button missing in MergeBrowser ?

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Aug 3 17:05:58 UTC 2016

Karl Ramberg wrote
> I saw you did some changes in
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Monticello-mt.643.mcz
>
> When I load that before doing updates I can merge in changes again :-)
>
> Best,
> Karl
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 4:23 PM, marcel.taeumel <

> Marcel.Taeumel@

> wrote:
>
>> Levente Uzonyi wrote
>> > I had the same issue after the theme updates. I tried to work it around
>> by
>> > evaluating the button's action manually, but that didn't work out. The
>> > changes were not merged. Finally, I decided to load the new package and
>> > reverted what I wanted to keep. Since then merging has started to work
>> > again.

>> guess

>> > Marcel.Taeumel@

>> http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt-178-mcz-td4909393.html

>> I noticed that tools provide the #enabled selector but omit to send
>> notifications if that state changes. Yes, I cleaned-up some mess in
>> PluggableButtonMorph, which not reveal that the tools omit to communite
>> their state updates to the buttons correctly.
>>
>> Let's find them all. ;-) Here: I am looking the the places is
>> MCMergeBrowser
>> to send "self changed: #canMerge". Shouldn't be that difficult.
>>
>> Best,
>> Marcel
>>

>> --

Hi Karl,

yes, that did it. :-)

It's basic ToolBuilder usage here. You configure callbacks via
ToolBuilderSpecs and then you have to signal changed data via Object >>
#changed: with that same callback selector.

Now, if you set a callback for #enabled: in PluggableButtonSpec, you have to
send #changed: as your state changes. The MCMergeBrowse failed to do that
for #canMerge.

Best,
Marcel