[squeak-dev] Squeak 5.0 running hot

Joseph Alotta joseph.alotta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:18:24 UTC 2016

I just installed squeak 5.0 all in one, and it had a workspace open with a bunch of old Array joins, and one growers window.

The whole running Squeak was hidden on my OS/X, while I was reading email for about half an hour.

Suddenly my computer started to become hot and the fan when on.  So I looked at running processes and Squeak was on the top of the list with %6 of cpu time and the next highest rounded to zero.

Has anyone looked into why Squeak is running hot?

Sincerely,

Joe.