[squeak-dev] Windows Time millisecondClockValue (system start vs. image start)

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 13:57:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

a call to
Time millisecondClockValue
gives the current milliseconds since the image started. Did this change ?
I have a windows squeak 4.4 VM where it gave the uptime of the system (on
windows).

Background:
HandMorph generates some MouseOver and/or MouseMove events, and if the
timeStamp value is not set, it sets it to Time millisecondClockValue, but
the "real" events have
a time stamp of "milliseconds since system was booted".

So, now it can happen that you have a real event (mouse click) at timeStamp
(msecs since boot up)
3000000
and afterwards a generated mouseOver event with a time stamp since image
startup
2000000 (if the image started ~15 min after system boot).
That is, a later event as a lower time stamp. This will disturb the event
handling in
HandMorph>>#handleEvent: from:

Somehow, (after having the image running for a long time ? I don't know).
The time stamp
for the generated events is allways much bigger than for the system events,
and this
will make it impossible to detect double-click events.

see issue
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/18859
and
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38700587/double-click-highlight-selection-in-pharo-5-0