[squeak-dev] -vm display=X11 -iconic causes clicks to register well *below* where the user clicked

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 22:05:23 UTC 2016

Today I noticed that in -iconic launched images, clicks register about
1cm below where I click, rendering the image very difficult to use.

To reproduce, take a trunk image, 1) load OSProcess, 2) maximize the
window, 3) save and exit the image.

Now, from Linux command line, relaunch the image as I do my background
worker images:

   squeak -vm display=X11 -iconic myImage.image &

It launches iconic, click the icon in the taskbar to open it.  Now
click anywhere on the desktop, and notice the events being triggered
well below the mouse pointer.  Both hand position and clicks, as
well...

 - Chris

PS -- Why I ever lauch "-iconic", I have several apps which divide up
a large task and launch background Squeak images to tackle, each, a
portion of the task.  When the background images launch, I don't want
them to pop up on top of what I'm working on, but still be there
(e.g., not headless) so I can see them come-and-go in the TaskBar or
in case there's a problem.