[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 5.1 Feature Freeze -- Trunk closed for new features; only bug fixes or text updates

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 20:49:39 UTC 2016

>> And if I manually try `PreferenceWizardMorph new openInWorld` I see the entire thing, and on choosing ‘configure it looks as if the default window size is too small to fit the config options in. I needed to make it quite a bit bigger to lay out correctly.
>
> And why the multiple 1 second delays? It makes it appear as if Squeak is really slow, which probably wasn’t the intention.

I was just thinking how innovative the little pauses were.  A UI tool
to delineate and direct the users eyes to the sequence of elements to
look at.

The delays feel intentional, as if it was designed for a refined human
consumption experience.  It feels relaxed, not a strained feel as if Squeak were
struggling to keep up because it were slow.