[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Squeak 5.1 Feature Freeze -- Trunk closed for new features; only bug fixes or text updates

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Sun Aug 14 09:57:27 UTC 2016

Heartbeat threaded vms seem to be better, but they require a kernel later
than 2.6.12 and Linux needs to be reconfigured by creating a file.

I wonder, would it be better to use vms with interval timer in the Linux
bundles instead?
Or shall we extend the squeak.sh launcher script, so that it helps with the
Linux setup?

It feels like ht vms are for power users and I think it might be better to
trade performance for ease of use in this case (having beginners in mind).
Any other opinions?

Best,
Fabio