[squeak-dev] Squeak under Raspbian from a USB Dongle

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sun Aug 14 16:11:35 UTC 2016

Am Fri, 12 Aug 2016 23:53:58 +0200
schrieb Tim Felgentreff <timfelgentreff at gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> You need to mount with the exec option (or the right umask).  Then all
> files are executable.
>
> Best,
> Tim

Hi Tim,

thanks for the hint but it seems my linux fu is lacking.
USB dongles are auto mounted under Raspbian so I first did:
sudo umount /media/pi/INTENSO
then, after some searching:
sudo mount -o exec /dev/disk/by-label/INTENSO /media/intenso
That makes all scripts (i found :-)) and the VM executable but neither
start in a terminal not start without a terminal works.
For a very short time a window comes up and then closes so I don't see
an error.
It works on my Windows 7 laptop and for the experiment I use a Squeak
5.0 all in one.

Cheers,

Herbert