[squeak-dev] Squeak5.1 category added to SqueakMap, please make new SM releases of your projects

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 21:37:13 UTC 2016

Hi Hannes, I had to do a lot of research to answer your question.

That's certainly valid use-case for simple packages, and the flexible
Category model of SqueakMap's domain model supports it now.  Its also
easy enough to update the UI to support it too (see my Inbox
submission).

Unfortunately, its the SMServer which currently, for some strange
reason, wants to have a single Squeak version associated with a
Release.  Note the web site presents it as a drop-down as well, so it
seems intentionally limited to one primary version, but I'm not sure
why.  I imagine when someone re-writes the SMServer that will be
fixed.

For 5.1, it appears we still have to go through the process for each
package if we wish for them to appear in the 5.1 list.

 - Chris