[squeak-dev] Re: Loading trunk updates in 5.1

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Aug 25 12:42:38 UTC 2016

I know how to deal with the merge dialogs, it's not a problem *for me*. I
know how to manually change the ancestry so it looks like a clean package
again after merging. But not everybody does, and I wouldn't expect them to.
The point of having a simple "update" button is that it pretty much "just
works".

It it is a problem for someone downloading the release image and trying to
switch to trunk. There shouldn't be any unnecessary merge dialogs.

(another problem is that in the release image not all packages are clean)

- Bert -