[squeak-dev] context menu pop up behavior

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri Aug 26 17:44:56 UTC 2016

I don't follow all the conversation lately (sorry) but I've been
bitten by a different context menu launching behavior in modern
images.  Let us say there is an item selected in a list (say in a
browser), and then right click in the pane but not directly on the
selected item.  It used to be the case that the selection does not
change but it pops up a context menu and the action I choose from the
menu affects the originally selected item.  Nowadays, it selects the
different item and then pops up the menu for that new item.

If you can point me to some past discussion (I'm pretty sure there
was) on the list, or some other rationale, it'd be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you!

--
-- Yoshiki