[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Files-dtl.163.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Aug 28 15:03:54 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 12:47:26PM +0200, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> Smalltalk >> #at: will raise an error when there's no entry for the given
> key.

Oops, thank you.

> > 			ifNotNilDo: [ :t | "Reestablish dependency for stdout Transcript view"
>
> We should deprecate #ifNotNilDo: in favor of #ifNotNil:.

Yes. Or at least update the method comment to make the difference clear.

Possibly we should we have a package named 'Deprecated-Compatibility' for
methods that are deprecated, but that we do not actually want to remove
from the system any time soon. There is probably a small number of methods
that may be used by externally maintained packages that should be marked
as deprecated, but kept in the image as a convenience for loading existing
packages from SqueakMap.

Dave