[squeak-dev] Squeak 5.1, saving of Morphic projects is broken

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:22:57 UTC 2016

On 8/29/16, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/27/16, Tim Felgentreff <timfelgentreff at gmail.com> wrote:

>> in the process of updating Squeakland etoys to load in 5.1,we have also
>> made the sexp format project saving and loading work again. This might be
>> VM independent way forward for storing projects.
>
> Yes, this storing a project as symbolic expressions is interesting.
>
> Could you please give more details. Are the fixes includes in 5.1 or
> in 6.0alpha-trunk?

Tim,

I have seen that you are working on this

System-tfel.911.mcz, from yesterday, Aug 29, 2016

It  implements a hook for

   publishInSexp

> --Hannes
>

>> Regarding loading old projects, Bert has an experimental OldSegmentLoader
>> that can load pre-Spur segments into 5.1

I think this is important as well. Is it possible to have access at
this code. Experimental version is fine. I would  to use it to import
objects from earlier versions into 5.1.

BTW how do I get access to the Smalltalk tools in the Squeakland image?
http://www.squeakland.org/content/installers/Etoys-To-Go-5.0.zip

--Hannes