[squeak-dev] About the recent trunk pushes

Tim Felgentreff timfelgentreff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:18:17 UTC 2016

Marcel and I have attempted to do a very conservative merge of Squeakland
Etoys into trunk. We wanted to do this as early as possible in this new
release cycle, because it is likely that we will have to clean up a lot of
things.

Since we had been working on this for a few weeks prior to the release of
5.1, I am now pushing the missing ancestry to the trunk. Please don't be
alarmed by all the strange diffs that you will see :) The initial merge was
the largest, so the older versions I'm pushing now have more crazy changes
that we since reverted and the current trunk should have fairly benign
changes outside of the Etoys package.

Etoys itself has grown very large, and we still have a lot of the other
Squeakland packages ready for 6.0 but in a separate repository. They are
not supposed to go into trunk, but we may be moving some things between
those packages and Etoys in the next weeks.

The Sexp Project publishing currently is not part of these commits. The
required hooks are there, but you need the SISS and Meta packages as well.
Since these add quite a bit of code, we wouldn't like to push these without
thinking first about how we want to store projects in the future.

Best,
Tim