[squeak-dev] DateAndTimeLeapTest>>testAsSeconds is broken

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:50:38 UTC 2016

> Do you know the answer to Dave's question "How many seconds elapsed between
> the Smalltalk epoch and the time 2004-02-29T13:33:00+02:00?"?

IOW, as long as this private, internal number is consistent for the
callers, does it matter what the number is?  Whether the internal
"starting point" is midnight, 2am, 6am or 7:37:59am for that matter?
The comment just says "1 January 1901" it does not specify a time,
could we just clarify the exact time in the comment and then
everything be fine?

Or is there some calculation or scenario for an application that is
not consistent and correct due to this?