[squeak-dev] Time millisecondClockValue (was: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1080.mcz)

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Mon Feb 15 18:55:28 UTC 2016

In VA Smalltalk "Time millisecondClockValue" answers an integer number of
milliseconds from the time the OS was booted.  I know this is the case
under Windows and I think it is the same under Linux.

It should be continuous and ever increasing.  It is a four byte integer and
as such will wrap around to 0 after about 49 days.  I have read where it
may be adjusted for a change in daylight savings time but I don't think
that is the case.  It also doesn't seem to be effected by a change in the
time of day clock.

Lou

--
Louis LaBrunda