[squeak-dev] Re: Breaking up ToolBuilder

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Feb 16 12:32:21 UTC 2016

Hi, there.

I know this discussion is about 3 years old. I just stumbled upon this
dependency discussion.

But what about

"ToolBuilder-Morphic" -> "Morphic-ToolBuilder" or "MorphicToolBuilder"
"ToolBuilder-MVC" -> "ST80-ToolBuilder" or "ST80ToolBuilder"

?

Right now we have 4 tool builder packages in trunk: "ToolBuilder-Kernel",
"ToolBuilder-MVC", "ToolBuilder-SUnit", "ToolBuilder-Tests". Then, it is
always kind of dangerous to have packages with a dash inside. Mixes up with
system categories too easily. And the "prefix package" (i.e. "ToolBuilder")
would commit everything again. We need to be careful.

Better examples include: "CollectionsTests", "MorphicExtras",
"VersionNumberTests", "KernelTests".

Best,
Marcel