[squeak-dev] Re: Breaking up ToolBuilder

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Feb 17 01:13:01 UTC 2016

I am confused. Why is this a problem?

Right now we have these different packages:

	Toolbuilder-Kernel
	Toolbuilder-MVC
	Toolbuilder-Morphic
	Toolbuilder-SUnit
	Toolbuilder-Tests

This is quite reasonably modular, and it works fine. If I want to
unload the MVC framework, it is perfectly clear that Toolbuilder-MVC
should be unloaded, and the rest of Toolbuilder-* should be left alone.

Maybe I am missing something here, but I do not see any problem that
needs to be fixed. I am also reminded of various attempts to modularize
the system based on dependency analysis ... that result in less
modularity and a less understandable system.

So before we "fix" this could someone please explain why it is broken?

Dave