[squeak-dev] Updates seem broken again

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jan 9 03:36:08 UTC 2016

Whilst attempting to update my (spur) image in order to be able to save the HandMorph>dragging related change I mentioned recently I discovered that we’ve broken something in the update stream again.

As it gets to Kernel.spur-dtl.850 things start to complain; an MC merge window appears but I cannot use the ‘all newer’ etc options. Selecting the first clash and hitting ‘Reject’ works enough to let me reject all the changes - which looks sensible since they seem to be older than the in-image versions - and then continue the merge. This repeats many times.

Any attempt to use ‘All Newer’ et al. opens a dNU in MCConflict>isRemoteNewer because ‘self localDefinition’ is nil and of course does not understand #fullTimeStamp.

Sigh.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- VENI, VIDI, VICE - I came, I saw, I partied.