[squeak-dev] Re: Updates seem broken again (solved, sort of)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jan 9 04:56:52 UTC 2016

Some of the problem is now understood - the image with problems has the ‘update.spur’ update map name. Apparently it shouldn’t.

So then the interesting question is where it came from since I really can’t remember setting it myself - I’ve never even noticed it as an option before! The only suspect I can find at the moment is SpurBootstrapMonticelloPackagePatcher>spurConfigurationOf:forRepository: dated 'eem 2/3/2015 12:59’ or uploadNewerSpurConfigurationsInTrunk dated 'eem 10/16/2014 13:21’ neither of which are not even in the image nor changes of the system that is having problems.

A trunk spur 5.0 image does update and appears to get to the latest changes to Mutex etc. Quite what happened and why my prior working image thought it was at update 15566 I don’t know. It’s been one of those weeks.

tim
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes.