[squeak-dev] Double-click gone missing?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jan 12 00:15:28 UTC 2016

It looks like something has stopped double-clicking working in my update 15557 image, whether running on a very latest vm or a slightly older one. D-clicks are quite important in Scratch and I have a big release coming up at the end of the week...

Simplest way to check is to open a ClickExerciserMorph; even browse it and stick a break on the doubleClick: method. The click: and doubleClickTimeout: methods are being hit. I get no hits on doubleClick: at all but there are spurious hits on doubleClickTimeout: when I try to d-click. In fact I get a doubleCLickTimeout: simply by doing a click or click-hold-no-movement (don’t want to trigger a drag). That really isn’t right.

I can’t see any code that relates to MouseClickState has changed recently, though of course we have a big change in Time recently.

tim
Computer Science: solving today's problems tomorrow.