[squeak-dev] Re: How to change balloon help colors?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 23:39:33 UTC 2016

I overrode Morph>>#showBalloon:hand: to take out the drop shadow, but
trasluncent color is still not being honored.  I like the look of the
NewBalloonMorph, but I don't understand why it seems less functional /
flexible than the old BalloonMorph..

I added to the end of Morph>>#showBalloon:hand:

     .... snip...
     balloon hasDropShadow: false.  "<--- added this"
     balloon popUpFor: self hand: h.

I also want rounded corners on my NewBalloonMorph, but since it no
longer inherits from BorderedMorph I'm not able to do that.  Classic
BalloonMorph has the ability to do that or not, as desired..

I don't need each Morph to have its own balloon color, but I do want
to be able to control all the attributes of all Balloons.  There are a
lot of attributes right? -- background-color, foreground-color, font,
border-thickness, border-style, shadow presence or not, etc. -- so I
wonder whether we shouldn't just have a "preferredBalloonPrototype"
preference from which we can make a deepCopy each time?  The the
prototype would BE the "settings"...