[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-bp.1033.mcz

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Wed Jan 13 11:11:36 UTC 2016

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for the feedback, especially the code review. I just copied an improved version to the inbox. Comments inline.

> Am 11.01.2016 um 16:16 schrieb marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de>:
> nice idea!
>
> Here are some suggestions:
>
> - Let boolean messages start with "is" such as "isPoint:nearRightOf:"
> instead of „point:nearRightOf:".
Done!

> - Make it work for non-fast (normal) dragging also.
Had a short look and decided this was for another day. ;-) Especially since I always use fast drag. Does anyone use non-fast drag?

> - Remove hardcoded "10" to a snap-threshold preference or at least some
> named method that returns that constant value.
Done. I introduced a method.

> - Do some #bench to measure the impact of the additonal calls to #clearArea,
> #dragToEdgesSelectorFor:in:, etc. because this might be relevant for the
> "fast drag mode" --- I think that the impact of the additional calculations
> should be manageable.
I am not sure how to bench that. However, I moved the call to #clearArea outside the block, so it is only called once when you start dragging. This should not be a problem because I cannot think of a  way the display might be resized while you are dragging a window.

> - What about snapping to the edges of other windows nearby? :-)
I had thought about this. This is a different feature, though.

Cheers,
Bernhard