[squeak-dev] InputSensor, EventSensor miscategorised?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:01:30 UTC 2016

Hi Frank,

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Kernel-Processes has Delay, Process, Monitor, Mutex, FutureMaker,
> Promise, etc. All these work together. They fit nicely in the
> category.
>
> And then there's InputSensor, EventSensor and EventSensorConstants. What.
>
> Where _should_ these classes belong? Maybe we should have a
> Kernel-Device or Kernel-Input category?

IMO they don't belong in the Kernel at all.  I would add a UserInterface
package and put the prerequisites for Morphic, Smalltalk-80 and Graphics in
there.  I'd also consider Headful and Headless packages for precursors of
headful and headless apps.

(I'll not mention how Kernel's InputSensor >> #keyboard uses
> TextConverter that causes a dependency on Multilingual, which of
> course has a dependency on Kernel... oh, wait, I did.)
>
> frank

best, Eliot