[squeak-dev] A $140 pc for running Squeak

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Fri Jul 1 19:58:24 UTC 2016

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response.  What we really need is speech to text, kind of like what people do
when they talk to Siri and the text is typed into a file.  If we could get short sentences
displayed in large text my dad could read it and know what we are talking about.  We try to
write things down for him but it is hard to write not too big, not too small and not too skinny
so he can read it.  We have tried typing on a cheap tablet (too old and slow for speech to
text) and he can read it but it takes too long to type things.  I think an iPad would work (a
lady at the VA tried it on a smart phone which got the text right but it was too small for him
to read) so if the Raspberry 3 is fast enough to convert speech to text, that would be great.

Thanks again, Lou

--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.