[squeak-dev] Time now print24

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:47:06 UTC 2016

Hi.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 1:49 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
<snip>

> But DateAndTime knows no #rounded in Squeak, buuut:
>
> I like the idea of #rounded a lot - but I don't like the name.  Why does
it only round at the seconds, and not month or year (or week)?  Too
generically named imo.

<snip>

> Best regards
>         -Tobias
>
> PS: I'd prefer ISO, nonetheless: https://xkcd.com/1179/
>         (or the German way: 25.12.2015 :P)
>
> I'd much prefer dates in yyyy-mm-dd - the other options always get
confusing - especially from this international community.  Is 07/06/2016 in
June or July?  But if this is targetted at a particular local group, other
options can win. If it is generic, I'd really prefer yyyy-mm-dd.  (And this
coming from a North American, too!)

-cbc