[squeak-dev] Rounding floats

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jul 20 18:47:20 UTC 2016

> On 19-07-2016, at 1:35 PM, Peter Crowther <peter at ozzard.org> wrote:
>
> On 19 July 2016 at 18:43, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> [...]
> the displaying morph has no idea about any rounding, limits, scaling etc of the value it might have to display…
>
> Therein lies the problem, I fear.  There's a reason for models and views…

The problem is that a general purpose ‘display a string’ morph can’t know enough to display a string representing a number to any special format, and so has to rely upon the number value being ‘reasonable’. Which is of course a bit of a problem since numbers are well known for being unreliable jerks with bad manners.

tim
Strange OpCodes: MII: Mask all Interrupts and then Interrupt