[squeak-dev] Mouse Wheel Events, "Point and scroll-by-wheel"

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jun 6 15:50:17 UTC 2016

Hi, there.

Here is a change set that adds MouseWheelEvent and everything related to it
(including EventHandler):
mouse-wheel-events.cs
<http://forum.world.st/file/n4899428/mouse-wheel-events.cs>

You have two new preferences (in "Morphic", "keyboard", "mouse" categories):

[x] Synthesize Mouse Wheel Events from Keyboard Events
[x] Send Mouse Wheel Events to Keyboard Focus

Both are enabled by default.

I refactored the old-style wheel scrolling to use an event filter in
ScrollPane but this is regarded a fall-back only and can be used for old
applications.

The mouse wheel event synthesis is implemented as keyboard event capture
filter in HandMorph itself. See the changeset's postload script or HandMorph
>> #initForEvents. Once our VMs deliver real mouse wheel events, we can
change that and adapt HandMorph >> #generateMouseEvent:.

The preferences "Send Mouse Wheel Events to Keyboard Focus" can be used to
switch between Windows and OS X behavior.

Please, try it out.

Best,
Marcel