[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jun 6 18:27:34 UTC 2016

> On 06-06-2016, at 10:52 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 10:47 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 06-06-2016, at 10:35 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>>> method and at last I get a pop-up composition window. Hooray!
>>>

>> … except it doesn’t actually seem to input anything to the squeak text morph. Sigh.
>
> I think Squeak Text Morphs are broken for sometime, beside the fact
> that Squeak does have to load its own fonts.  Scratch does the
> rendering with the OS feature (via UnicodePlugin) so that somehow

So far as I can tell even the Scratch code is simply not getting any input from the composition window; well except for very occasionally and not in any way that I can make a pattern out of yet. When it does the JIS-to-unicode convertor complains about the character value not being in its table. It’s very odd!

I think all that I can do for now is look at making the the ST code you added a bit cleaner and wait for a proper config sequence/script.

tim
Useful random insult:- One clown short of a circus.