[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jun 6 18:34:59 UTC 2016

> On 06-06-2016, at 11:27 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> So far as I can tell even the Scratch code is simply not getting any input from the composition window; well except for very occasionally and not in any way that I can make a pattern out of yet. When it does the JIS-to-unicode convertor complains about the character value not being in its table. It’s very odd!

Sigh. Now it’s working ‘properly’ to the best of my knowledge. I can type stuff, it looks like probably Japanese script and goes into the sprite name field. Even adding text to the sprite seems to do the right thing, project notes.... OK, after hitting everything I can think of that might involve text entry in Scratch it looks good.

So, how on earth did I get here… and can I ever get back to plain old en_GB?

tim
Strange OpCodes: UDF: Use Disk for Frisbee