[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1171.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Thu Jun 9 13:11:47 UTC 2016

Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-mt.1171.mcz

Name: Morphic-mt.1171
Author: mt
Time: 9 June 2016, 3:10:58.946908 pm
UUID: 6747743c-ceec-3940-897f-9dc223e4ce04
Ancestors: Morphic-bf.1170

Fixes a regression in the keyboard shortcuts for the world main docking bar.

On Mac OS platforms, recent VMs do not generate correct key-down events but still correct key-stroke events. On Windows platforms, VMs do only generate key-down events for some CTRL modifier combinations, especially numbers, but then no key-strokes. Linux is fine, I guess.

=============== Diff against Morphic-bf.1170 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: DockingBarMorph>>filterEvent:for: (in category 'events-processing') -----
  filterEvent: aKeyboardEvent for: anObject
  	"Provide keyboard shortcuts."

  	| index itemToSelect |
+
-
- 	aKeyboardEvent isKeyDown "No #isKeystroke to improve compatibility for all platforms."
- 		ifFalse: [^ aKeyboardEvent].
-
  	aKeyboardEvent controlKeyPressed
  		ifFalse: [^ aKeyboardEvent].
+
+ 	(aKeyboardEvent isKeyDown or: [aKeyboardEvent isKeystroke]) "We also need #keyDown for Windows platforms because CTRL+X does not trigger key strokes there..."
+ 		ifFalse: [^ aKeyboardEvent].
+
-
  	"Search field."
  	aKeyboardEvent keyCharacter = $0
  		ifTrue: [
  			self searchBarMorph ifNotNil: [ :morph |
  				morph model activate: aKeyboardEvent in: morph ].
  			^ aKeyboardEvent ignore "hit!!"].

  	"Select menu items."
  	(aKeyboardEvent keyValue
  		between: $1 asciiValue
  		and: $9 asciiValue)
  			ifFalse: [^ aKeyboardEvent].

  	index := aKeyboardEvent keyValue - $1 asciiValue + 1.
  	itemToSelect := (self submorphs select: [ :each |
  		each isKindOf: DockingBarItemMorph ])
  			at: index
  			ifAbsent: [^ aKeyboardEvent].

  	self activate: aKeyboardEvent.