[squeak-dev] Re: Mouse Wheel Events, "Point and scroll-by-wheel"

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jun 13 20:07:37 UTC 2016

Chris Muller-3 wrote
> I updated from trunk and it seems its fixed.
>
>> is the behavior different if you disable "Synthesize Mouse Wheel Events
>> from
>> Keyboard Events"?
>>
>> I did found a regression:
>> http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-Morphic-mt-1177-mcz-tp4900535.html
>
> That was it.  Reverting this fix causes it to scroll by 9 lines instead of
> 3.
> Thanks.

Hi Chris,

ah, good. I think it was like this:

1. You got three events: key down, key stroke, key up
2. Key down went into the event filter in the scroll pane and falsely used
to scroll: 3 lines.
3. Keystroke was converted into mouse wheel and handled as mouse wheel: 3
lines.
4. Key up went into the event filter in the scroll pane and falsely used to
scroll: 3 lines.

The fix corrected 2. and 4.

Best,
Marcel