[squeak-dev] Renaming Squeak's system version from 'Squeak*alpha' to 'SqueakTrunk'

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Jun 22 09:24:15 UTC 2016

Hi there,

we have a system version: "SystemVersion current". For trunk images, it used
to say 'Squeak4.1alpha' or something like it. Right now, it doesn't even add
the 'alpha' suffix.

Can we change that to 'SqueakTrunk'? What would break? Right now,
SystemVersion works with a string rather than major/minor numbers. I assume
that there is some code that parses that string. Metacello does that, for
example.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Marcel