[squeak-dev] NuScratch source on SqueakMap

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri Jun 24 19:54:56 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 11:06 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

>> On 22-06-2016, at 7:40 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 7:27 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>>>
> {snip}
>>>
>>> So far as I can see it can’t work because the ‘echo’ gives us a single line as an answer and my best guess (since man pages are so very carefully written to present a wall of text that makes no sense unless you already know the answer) is that the ‘sort’ expects some cr or nl in there. Thus we (probably) just get the one line and ‘head’ does nothing to help.
>>
>> You're so right.  It should be 'ls' instead of 'echo’.
>
> Except that with the git based builds it looks like we are moving to a somewhat different numbering sequence and so comparing any possible old copies with new ones is going to become harder. For example, a freshly built Pi vm is tagged as 5.0-201606241150 (ie the date/time)

Oh... That is interesting.  If the squeak VM package for the next
release of Raspian follows this new scheme, is it true that we'd only
have to support this format?  Or people may install or keep older
versions and we'd better support both?

> I have no idea how we can solve that. Aside from the trivial solution of me including an explicit vm path in the Pi script, of course.

Ok..  Somebody should be able to write a few more shell commands to
figure that out...

--
-- Yoshiki