[squeak-dev] Raspberry Pi 3 & Squeak

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Tue Mar 1 04:52:43 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 10:16 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> Yes, COG runs on Pi 3; no, not as an ARM64 application, nor does it generate ARM64 instructions. Yes, it could. Yes, it may well do so sometime soon; yes, one meeeeeeellion dollars.
>
> Performance is obviously improved over the Pi2. Not completely sure as yet since I have a prototype not a production machine.
>
> Pi 3 is still $35 plus tax/shipping/etc. See https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-3-on-sale/ for details.

Great to hear.  Coincidentally, I heard about the Pi3 last night and
ordered one due to ship 7 march.  Built-in wireless and more GPIO pins
are nice.  I found an interesting comparison of ARM A7 and A53
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8718/the-samsung-galaxy-note-4-exynos-review/3

Also I was suddenly disappointed that I had bought a Pine64, but I was
happy to read this balanced report that it retains some advantages...
http://forum.pine64.org/archive/index.php?thread-379.html

cheers -ben